The following list was offered up to suggest ways we, as individuals, might actually benefit from the recession (if we wanted).
But each point also makes for quite an interesting starter for business strategy as well, whether how you behave yourself...or the benefit you promise to others...
- Become more resourceful in how you do stuff - trade, barter, collaborate, share;
- Redefine what success means - come on, what really matters to you?;
- Take the opportunity to minimise - get rid of the things you don't actually need;
- See how the balance of power has changed - because it is unlikely to rest in the same place;
- Invite humility - put your ego back in its box, and look to others;
- Become more creative in how you live life - just because you have less cash, doesn't mean you can't enjoy yourself;
- Adopt better habits - they might not be 'sexy' but they could just make the difference;
- Reconnect with your (good) intentions - remember what it was that you really wanted to do with your life;
- Learn the lessons you're being taught - and don't make the same mistakes again;
- Redefine happiness - you've probably been looking for this in the wrong places...so take the opportunity to look elsewhere;